Ductless HVAC Systems: Install, Repairs & Maintenance
- We Repair, Install & Tune Up Ductless Units
- Service From NATE-Certified Techs
- Versatile, Energy-Efficient Systems
- Financing Available With Approved Credit
Ditch the ducts and go ductless!
Ductless heating and cooling systems are growing in popularity, and there’s a reason why. It used to be that every home that wanted heating or cooling needed expensive, invasive ductwork installed. However, with a ductless HVAC system, you don’t need ducts. Plus, there’s many other benefits to switching, including:
- Zoned, individualized comfort for every room
- Greater energy-efficiency
- Better indoor air quality
If you’re ready to learn more about ductless HVAC systems, give us a call for a free in-home estimate!
How do ductless air conditioners work?
The indoor component of a ductless system combines a heat pump and blower into one compact package. This is typically wall-mounted near the ceiling, which means little disruption to your room layout or design.
Multiple indoor units (one for each room, or as-needed) are then connected through a refrigerant line to a single outdoor condenser unit. This, too, functions like a normal heat pump—refrigerant cycles between the house and the outdoor unit, pulling heat in during the winter and pushing it out during the summer.
Why upgrade to a ductless setup?
No ducts required
It’s all in the name: ductless heating and cooling systems don’t require existing ductwork. This means they can go a lot of places that traditional HVAC systems can’t reach: historic homes, garages, sunrooms, home additions, and more. Plus, not using ducts means better indoor air quality for your home.
If you’re tired of needing air duct cleaning in Madison, MS and other parts of South Central Mississippi, going ductless might be a good choice for you.
Save money on your energy bills
This is a question we get a lot: is ductless heating efficient? The answer is yes.
It takes a lot of extra energy for the blower in your air conditioner, heat pump, or furnace to send conditioned air through your air ducts. Take that out of the equation, and you’ve cut your energy use significantly. In fact, a ductless setup can reduce your energy bills by about 30-40%!
Comfort, in every room of your home
Proud to serve South Central Mississippi!
Channell Heating & Cooling is South Central Mississippi's premier HVAC and home services company. We serve all the following communities:
- Crystal Springs
- Union Church
What homes are right for ductless HVAC?
How do you know if your home is right for ductless HVAC installation? Well, that’s kind of a trick question, since the answer is “All of them.” Even homes with existing ductwork can add ductless. However, ductless setups are typically most popular with people in these situations:
- Historic Homes: Some historic homes built before the mass installation of air conditioning—especially those protected by local statutes—are unable to have ductwork added without significant (and expensive) remodeling. Ductless provides these homes with an alternative path to comfortable summers and winters.
- Homes With Additions: If you’ve added an addition to your home, it might not always be feasible to add a ductwork extension. Ductless provides a way to cool or heat that individual room separately from the rest of the home.
- Other Spaces Needing Cooling: Some homeowners are getting creative with ductless systems, placing them in Arizona rooms (walled-in porches) or garages. There are far fewer limitations on where a wall-mounted ductless system can be placed.