There are multiple types of AC units that you can have in your home. Heat pumps are an excellent option for homeowners in the Mississippi area. Heat pumps add many benefits to your home compared to other units. At Channell Heating & Cooling, our technicians would love to share 4 reasons why getting a heat pump installation will benefit your home.
Heat Pumps Work All Year Round
Because of how they function, heat pumps are able to be used all year round. The unit has two major functions which work in the hot months and the cold months. All you need to do is switch your heat pump to pump either hot or cold air into your home.
The major components in your heat pump are the coils, compressor, expansion valve and refrigerant to recycle the air in your home. Using those parts, here are the steps your heat pump takes to get cold air into your home:
- First, the heat pump takes the warm air from your home and blows the air onto a coil.
- From there, the warm air passes through a material called “refrigerant” which converts to a low-temperature gas.
- The low-temperature gas gets cycled back into your home, and the leftover gas continues in the system.
- The leftover gas flows through a compressor within the unit, which increases the pressure.
- Because the pressure is increased, the temperature of the air also increases.
- This new high-pressure hot air is pushed through your heat pump and into the outdoor system.
- Because the air on the outside is colder than the new high-pressure gas, it cools the refrigerant that is still in the hot air.
- The refrigerant returns to the indoor unit where it cools down from the expansion valve and is ready to pick up more hot air in your home.
- The cycle continues as you enjoy cold air in your home!
Your heat pump will work in any kind of weather, which is great for any kind of homeowner.
Heat Pumps Improve Your Home’s Air Quality
Heat pumps are electric units rather than gas units, which improves your home’s air quality. It doesn’t use any unnecessary fumes because it recycles the air in your home. You’ll have fewer carbon emissions entering your home, and your heat pump will filter the air while it changes its temperature. Your heat pump will keep your home clean and healthy for you and your family.
Heat Pumps Are Cost-Efficient
Your heat pump won’t need to work as hard to keep your home comfortable. Because it is using the air in your home, it doesn’t need to pump new air into the system. Compared to other heating options, your heat pump will lower your utility bills and overall will lead to a more cost-efficient home.
Heat Pumps Can Be Installed in Any Home
No matter what kind of ductwork you have in your home, a heat pump can be installed to fit your needs. It can use the previous ducting of another unit, add to an existing unit or even be a stand-alone unit in a ductless home. For a professional heater installation, heat pumps are a great option for any home.
How You Can Get A Hazlehurst Heater Replacement
With all these benefits, a heat pump installation will be great for any kind of homeowner. For those looking for local installations, Channell Heating & Cooling specialists can help assist anyone in the Hazlehurst area. Contact our team through our website for premier home services and consultations!